- Author: Dmitry Anoshin, Dmitry Shirokov, Donna Strok
- ISBN: 1484253272
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 267
- Language: English
- File size: 7.1 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Cloud Computing Data Processing
Explore the modern market of data analytics platforms and the benefits of using Snowflake computing, the data warehouse built for the cloud.
With the rise of cloud technologies, organizations prefer to deploy their analytics using cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Cloud vendors are offering modern data platforms for building cloud analytics solutions to collect data and consolidate into single storage solutions that provide insights for business users. The core of any analytics framework is the data warehouse, and previously customers did not have many choices of platform to use.
Snowflake was built specifically for the cloud and it is a true game changer for the analytics market. This book will help onboard you to Snowflake, present best practices to deploy, and use the Snowflake data warehouse. In addition, it covers modern analytics architecture and use cases. It provides use cases of integration with leading analytics software such as Matillion ETL, Tableau, and Databricks. Finally, it covers migration scenarios for on-premise legacy data warehouses.
What You Will Learn
- Know the key functionalities of Snowflake
- Set up security and access with cluster
- Bulk load data into Snowflake using the COPY command
- Migrate from a legacy data warehouse to Snowflake
- integrate the Snowflake data platform with modern business intelligence (BI) and data integration tools
Who This Book Is For
Those working with data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) technologies, and existing and potential Snowflake users
Automatically open website of the sponsor when clicking download