- Author: J.J. Merelo
- ISBN: 1484262573
- Year: 2020
- Pages: 425
- Language: English
- File size: MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Programming
Explore Raku problems and solutions using the latest version of the Raku programming language. In Raku Recipes, the emphasis is on applying Raku code to various important tasks and applications including data science, analytics, microservices, and desktop/console applications. There are also fun one-liner script recipes and instructions on how to create mini-languages of your very own.
All in all, over 70 recipes cover a broad range of the tasks and problems encountered by a modern Raku developer. You’ll be able to solve problems starting from basics such as input/output and math, to more complex domains such as microservices web sockets, web hooks, and mini-bots.
What You Will Learn
- Put Raku to use in a real world environment
- Work with Raku modules, including design classes, roles, and more
- Query a GeoIP database and extract information from the web
- Carry out text processing such as creating a dictionary with fast searches over it and scraping markdown documents
- Work with MongoDB, WikiData, and other data sources
- Build data science and analytics applications using Raku
- Integrate with Python, C, and other languages and libraries
- Create mini-languages and shell scripting languages
Who This Book Is For
While some prior experience in Raku may be useful, it is not required. Prior programming experience using earlier versions of Perl is recommended, however.
Automatically open website of the sponsor when clicking download